Sunday, January 17, 2010

We are having a quiet evening. The boys are asleep and I am enjoying watching Ryan play an xbox game. This one is fairly entertaining and I feel as though I am watching a movie. Will the assassin (or Ryan in his alter ego) make it to his next checkpoint? Is jumping from one rooftop to another completely realistic? So instead of getting stressed out over this false reality :) I am attempting to continue my blog! I checked it today and I have 10 followers! Wow that is encouraging. Or a little intimidating. :) Thank you, your interest will cheer me on.


As most of you, I have had a heavy heart these past few days with the news from Haiti. I only watched 10 minutes of a debrief last night right before I headed to bed (not a good idea for me in the first place) and it literally made me nauseas. I went to bed hearing the peaceful sleep of Austin next to me, weeping thinking of the loss that was happening across the world. I know that there are lives being saved, too, but the frailty of humanity is hard to come to terms with when something like this happens. I could feel fear rising in me. If this happened here what would I do? How would I find my loved ones? Would I be able to withstand losing them? Because I was tempted to never let Ryan or my boys out of my sight and to start building an underground safe house for us to live in away from "the big bad world", I knew that my thoughts were not God's thoughts. So I did the best thing I knew how to do and began to cry out for Gods mercy! He IS a good God, but it doesn't mean life will be uncomplicated, easy and happy happy joy joy all the time. So as I am faced with more news from Haiti, or am confronted with more,"life is not fair" moments, I will continue to press that much harder into God's comfort and mercy. And keep my prayers for Haiti on my lips. "Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the FATHER of compassion and the GOD of all comfort…" I Cor 1:3 (Thanks Garris for this mornings message. I could almost feel our church take a deep breath of relief with the reminder of God's comfort and compassion in a time of need)


For the last few minutes of my day, I am going to go and cheer on my hubby as he conquers the world! :)

1 comment:

  1. yay for blogging, Kate! God's word is comfort! He is a God of order, not chaos, and I too have been so blessed to remember that He is present when wars rage and when peace settles...He is covering our land and our hearts with his presence and with that, all will work out as He intended. Thanks for sharing your evening!

    By the way, I always think the same thing when Josh plays Xbox, hahaha.

    ReplyDelete