Monday, May 30, 2011


Yard work day!

Their first car!

Today is memorial day and we have had a nice relaxing day. Ryan has been in Haiti with the Anthem group the last few days so this morning started with my parents heading over for breakfast! Dad made pancakes and Kellen's favorite, egg in a hole. We then decided that with the sun making a rare appearance, to get our "exercise on" and walk up Roxyanne. It was a great walk and the boys loved the hike, picking up rocks and the gorgeous view of Medford. Well, they might of not noticed how gorgeous it was but liked watching the planes fly into Medford.


As I write, the boys are now outside digging for worms and bugs. A regular activity. Yesterday, Kellen brought in a snail. He was so proud, but I promptly told him to go and put him back where he found him. I came outside a few minutes later and found him digging the snail out of his home. He had snail pieces, slime and whatever else they consist of all over his hands. I tried to keep my composer and not scream in disgust. As I walked him into the kitchen and began scrubbing his hands, I asked him why he wanted to do that, and his answer made me smile, calming my nerves. "I just wanted to see what the inside of his house looked like." I think he expected to see bedrooms and a bathroom all tucked in there. :-) This mama is still getting used to the fact that boys like to dig in dirt, carry gobs of worms in their hands and pull snails apart. At least he told me today that he was going to put the worms in his pocket and keep them. I don't have to tell you what my answer was. I know it comes with the territory and there is nothing more sweet then when I am outside and I look over and see the two of them bent over with heads touching, pulling up rocks to discover the treasures that await them.


I love my life.....

No comments:

Post a Comment